In 2014, Dean Julie Johnson created the Dean’s Leadership Council to be composed of two different subcommittees: The Professional Advisory Committee and the Philanthropy Committee. The Dean’s Leadership Council is a representative group of alumni and friends of the college that will take on a leadership role helping support the college both academically and charitably. Members from each committee will meet twice a year and will participate in conference calls as well.
The Pharmacy Professional Advisory Committee is chaired by Dr. John Gums, Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs. Members are leaders in the pharmacy profession with a strong pulse on the profession. The role of the committee will be to advise college leadership on changes for curriculum and in the profession as a whole, while advocating for the college during their two or three year term.
The Philanthropy Committee is chaired by Elizabeth Zipper, Director of Development and Alumni Affairs. Members are annual donors to the college and will assist in helping the college attract potential donors during their three year term. These members are an essential resource for the Development office.
Dean’s Leadership Council Members
- Connie Hogrefe, Chairwoman, Clinical Pharmacist, Select Specialty Hospital
Pharmacy Professional Committee
- Carl Allison, Owner, Baya Pharmacy
- Andrew Asher, Executive Vice President, Envolve Health, and CEO, Envolve Pharmacy Solutions, Centene Corporation
- Maria Barditch, ISF Territory Manager, Cardinal Health
- Ed Hamilton, Retired
- Mark Haumschild, Retired
- Mark Hobbs (Past Chair 2013-16), Owner, Hobbs Pharmacy
- Thanh Hogan, Associate Vice President, UF Health Jacksonville
- Connie Hogrefe, Clinical Pharmacist, Select Specialty Hospital
- Michael Jackson, CEO & Exec. Vice President, Florida Pharmacy Association
- Thomas Johns, Executive Director, Operations/Pharmacy, UF Health Shands
- Matt Kirchoff, Lieutenant – USPHS
- Bruce Laughrey, Chairman, Telspan, APhA Foundation Board of Directors
- Tom Menighan, Immediate past Executive Vice President & CEO, APhA, Founding Partner, Catizone, Luce & Menighan, LLC
- Michael Mustard, Retired
- Jeenu Philip, Director, Pharmacy Affairs, Walgreens
- Norm Tomaka, Clinical Consultant Pharmacist, Health First, Inc.
- Suzy Wise, Assistant Director, Pharmacy Services UF Health Shands
Pharmacy Philanthropy Committee
- Paul Ackerman, Retired
- Kathy Petsos, Pharmacy Manager, Walgreens
- Terry Reid, Owner, William T. Reid, LLC Dental
- Susan Sorrells, Director, Grifols Therapeutics
- John Taylor, Retired
- Eda Eken
- Mohammed Gbadamosi