The University of Florida College of Pharmacy provides a research service center which offers support from proposal preparation through final progress reporting and close-out of the project. These resources are provided by the research team of the Shared Service Center, led by Kelly Wilder.
The college also provides assistance with various federal and institutional regulatory offices. The college offers assistance with IRB submissions, research agreements (data use agreements, confidentiality agreements, etc) as well as intellectual property and material transfer agreements. Additional support is also offered for pharmacy students interested in research and approval of honors projects and publications. These activities are supported by the Regulatory and Compliance Office led by Ben Burkley.
Commonly Used Forms
College of Pharmacy Proposal Form
Submission form to the UF College of Pharmacy Shared Services Center
College of Pharmacy Proposal Timeline
A timeline to follow for all grant submissions
Proposal Development Submission
Frequently used facts about UF for proposal submissions
Proposal Related Forms
UF Office of Research Forms and Templates
The University of Florida Integrated Research Support Tool, UFIRST, that helps streamline workflow and improve transparency, tracking and reporting.
Conflict of Interest Policy and Forms
The university’s Conflict of Interest and Outside Activities Policy provides the forms required for approval of conflicts.
NIH eRA Commons Registration Form
eRA Commons is an online interface where grant applicants, grantees and federal staff at NIH and grantor agencies can access and share administrative information relating to research grants.
NIH Training Grant and Stipend Rate Information
Provides information about institutional research training opportunities, including international, to trainees at the undergraduate, graduate, and postdoctoral levels
NIH Salary Cap Summary
Salary cap information from FY1990 through FY2018 Awards
NIH Bio Standards
Biosketches are required in both competing applications and progress reports. Find instructions, blank format pages, and sample biosketches here.
NIH Other Support
Information on Other Support is required for all applications that are to receive grant awards, except program directors, training faculty and other individuals involved in the oversight of training grants.
NIH Application Guide and Mini-guides for R, K, T, F
Use the application instructions found here, along with the guidance in the funding opportunity announcement, to submit grant applications to NIH, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Food and Drug Administration, and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
Other eProposal Systems
Links and steps to follow for the eProposal Systems
Other Helpful UF Links
Facilities & Administrative Rates
The total cost of any project includes both direct costs (salaries for the researchers, lab supplies, travel, etc.) plus Facilities and Administrative costs (F&A).
When budgeting fringe benefits in grant and contract proposals this website provides rates to use for the appropriate salary admin plan.
CAS Exemption Forms
UF Office of Research Forms and Templates
UF Tuition Costs
Graduate student salary and tuition costs
UF Subaward Tracking Tool
A web-based subaward subcontract management application used by the Subaward Team to generate, route, approve, and track subcontracts at UF.
Project End Information
What to do when your project is ending
Office of Technology Licensing
The Office of Technology Licensing is dedicated to assisting UF employees who feel they have something new and useful, with patent potential.
Office of Research Compliance
The Division of Research Compliance develops and implements research compliance programs and coordinates activities with various compliance offices and committees.
Office of Clinical Research
The Office of Clinical Research (OCR) is responsible for rethinking the way clinical research happens at the University of Florida, supporting the diverse portfolio of clinical research across all colleges. Their mission is to: Minimize study start-up time; Reduce administrative burden; Improve financial performance
The UF libraries provide useful tools including NSF/NIH workshops, general grant writing workshops, and more.
The Division of Research Program Development
The Division of Research Program Development assists in finding funding opportunities related to your field of interest. They parse through thousands of funding opportunities every year and pull out the information most useful to the PI and their admin staff. Their website even has a project-specific funding search to utilize.
Funding Alerts from NSF
You can sign up for weekly federal funding alerts from NSF
Funding Alerts from NIH
You can sign up for weekly federal funding alerts from NIH
Daily Updates from Grants.gov
Receive daily updates from grants.gov
UF Funding Opportunity Manager
The UF Funding Opportunity Manager (OppMan) is updated weekdays with opportunities for which UF is eligible. This includes federal, state, foundation, and UF-internal funding opportunities. They focus on research funding opportunities for faculty, with some for postdocs and students. You can sign up for an email digest of opportunities published by category by following the link, logging in with your UFID and password, clicking on the subscription tab, selecting categories of funding opportunities and frequency of delivery, and saving your preferences.
COS/Pivot is yet another free resource to all UF Faculty/Staff/Students. It also provides funding email alerts and funding searches. The funding alerts you receive are based on the info you provide in your Pivot profile.
Graduate Funding Opportunities
- AACP Walmart Scholars Program: This yearly scholarship program is designed to strengthen the recipient’s skills and commitment to a career in academic pharmacy through their participation at the AACP Annual Meeting.
- American Foundation for Pharmaceutical Education (AFPE) Scholarships and Fellowships: The American Foundation for Pharmaceutical Education offers a number of research grants and fellowships for students in basic, clinical, translational and health outcomes research.
- American Pharmacists Association (APhA) Foundation Incentive Grant Program: The Incentive Grants for Practitioner Innovation in Pharmaceutical Care offer pharmacists, students and community pharmacy residents seed money to implement or support an existing patient care service within their pharmacy practice. Approximately 20 grants are funded each year, and applications are typically due in early September.
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) Foundation Pharmacy Practice Research Grants: The ASHP Foundation offers a number of grants to pharmacists of various career stages to advance optimal patient outcomes through the design and study of safe and effective medication-use systems. More information on the application cycle and eligibility for each award can be found on the ASHP Foundation website.
- PhRMA Foundation Awards: The PhRMA Foundation offers a wide range of research grants and fellowships for students, postdoctoral fellows, early career and established faculty. Disciplines supported by PhRMA Foundation awards include Health Outcomes, Informatics, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology/Toxicology and Translational Medicine and Therapeutics. Application deadlines vary depending on the award.
- AHA Fellowship Opportunities
- NIH Fellowship Opportunities: https://researchtraining.nih.gov/programs/fellowships/f31
- CVS Health Minority Scholarship for Pharmacy Students: https://www.aacp.org/resource/cvs-health-minority-scholarship-pharmacy-students