Scott Martin Vouri, Pharm.D., Ph.D., BCGP, joined the department of pharmaceutical outcomes and policy as a clinical assistant professor in 2018. Vouri also serves as the assistant director of pPharmacy Services with the University of Florida Health Physicians. He received his Pharm.D. at Butler University, completed a post-graduate year, or PGY,-1 residency in ambulatory care at the Iowa City VA Medical Center, and completed a PGY-2 residency in geriatrics at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center in Dallas, Texas. He completed a Master of Science in Clinical Investigation at Washington University School of Medicine and Ph.D. in Epidemiology concentration at Saint Louis University College of Public Health and Social Justice. Vouri also received a KL2 Career Development Award through Washington University Institute of Clinical and Translational Sciences in 2015.
- Ph.D.: Epidemiology, St. Louis University
- M.S.: Clinical Investigation, Washington University School of Medicine
- Pharm.D.: Butler University
- International Society for Pharmacoepidemiology
- American Geriatrics Society
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical Health Service Research
- Inappropriate Medication Prescribing/ Deprescribing
- Geriatric medication use
- Medication Use following Bariatric Surgery
- Vouri SM, Van Tuyl JS, Olsen MA, Xian H, Schootman M. An evaluation of a potential calcium channel blocker – lower extremity edema – loop diuretic prescribing cascade. J Am Pharm Assoc. 1016/j.japh.2018.06.014.
- Vouri SM, Chen J, Sparkman J, Salles A. Micek ST. Antidiabetic medication de-escalation following bariatric surgery. J Diabetes. 1016/j.japh.2018.06.014
- Racette BA, Gross A, Vouri SM, Camacho-Soto A, Willis AW, Nielsen SS. Immunosuppressants and risk of Parkinson’s disease. Ann Clin Transl Neurol. 2018;5(7):870-875.
- Vouri SM, Schootman S, Strope SA, Birge SJ, Olsen MA. Differential prescribing of antimuscarinic agents in older adults with cognitive impairment. Drugs Aging. 2018;359(4):321-331.
- Kebodeaux CD, Peters GL, Stranges PM, Woodyard JL, Vouri SM. Faculty percept of team-based learning over multiple semesters. Curr Pharm Teach Learn. 2017;9(6):1010-1015.
- Somerville E, Massey K, Keglovits M, Vouri SM, Hu YL, Carr D, Stark S. Scoring, clinical utility and psychometric properties of the In-Home Medication Management Evaluation. Am J Occup Ther. 2017 (in press).
- Vouri SM, Reckenburg KA. Drug-induced adverse events and prescribing cascades in older adults: pharmacy stakeholder survey. Innov Pharm. 2017;8(2):Article 19.
- Stranges PM, Vouri SM. Impact of co-investigators on pharmacy resident research publication. Pharm Pract (Granada). 2017;15:2:928.
- Vouri SM, Olsen MA, Theodoro D, Strope SA. Treated-and-released urinary catheterization in the emergency department by sex. Am J Infect Control. 2017;45(8):905-910.
- Vouri SM, Chung JM, Binder EF. Successful intervention to mitigate an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor-induced rhinorrhea prescribing cascade: a case report. J Clin Pharm Ther. 2017;42(3):370-371.
- Vouri SM, Kebodeaux CD, Stranges PM, Teshome BF. Adverse events and treatment discontinuations of antimuscarinics for the treatment of overactive bladder in older adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 2017;69:77-96.