- Pharm.D., University of Florida
Dr. St. Onge joined the faculty in July 2002 to help start the University of Florida College of Pharmacy program in Orlando. As the Associate Campus Director for the Orlando campus, she devotes her time to her various roles as teacher, advisor, and administrator.
Dr. St. Onge graduated from the University of Florida College of Pharmacy with her Doctor of Pharmacy degree with honors in 1999. Upon graduation, she completed a residency in Community Clinical Pharmacy with St. Louis College of Pharmacy/Walgreens. Dr. St. Onge accepted her first faculty position with Texas Tech University School of Pharmacy at their Lubbock campus. During her two years with Texas Tech, she gained valuable experience with their 3-campus (Amarillo, Lubbock, Dallas) distance education program. Also, she developed a community site for 3rd and 4th year students, as well as a residency program in Community Clinical Pharmacy. Dr. St. Onge and her family moved to Orlando in summer of 2002 at which time she accepted the position as Campus Director for Orlando. Dr. St. Onge has practiced ambulatory care in a variety of settings. She currently holds a joint appointment with the University of Central Florida College of Medicine where she provides clinical pharmacy services to patients at UCF Health. Additionally, Dr. St. Onge is very involved with interprofessional education initiatives with several schools/colleges within the University of Central Florida (Medicine, Nursing, Social Work, Physical Therapy, etc). The group was recently awarded the inaugural IPEC/USPHS National Award for Excellence in Interprofessional Education for their efforts at a student/faculty run clinic in Apopka, Florida. In addition to her current position with UF College of Pharmacy, she is very active in national pharmacy organizations and has held numerous leadership positions in state and local pharmacy organizations. Dr. St. Onge’s interests include diabetes mellitus, cardiovascular disease, and women’s health.
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Florida Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Central Florida Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Redesign of a pediatric pharmacotherapy elective course to accommodate budget reductions.
- Otelixizumab: a novel agent for the prevention of type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Albiglutide: a new GLP-1 analog for the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
- Sitagliptin as combination therapy in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Angiotensin II vaccine: a novel approach in the treatment of hypertension.
- Type 2 diabetes in children: a growing epidemic.
- Sitagliptin: a dipeptidyl peptidase IV inhibitor for the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
Full Publication List via PubMed RSS feed