- B.S. Pharmacy. University of Wisconsin-Madison
- M.S. Pharmacy University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Ph.D. Pharmacy University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Pharmaceutical policy and advocacy
- Pharmaceutical marketing/consumer behavior
- Practice-based research
Lipowski teaches Intro to Pharmacists, Pharmaceuticals and the Health Care System in the PharmD program along with elective courses in Pharmaceutical Industry & Public Policy for student pharmacists and M.S. candidates in Pharmacy Regulation and Policy. She has contributed chapters to several texts and companion materials on these subjects. Her research interest is the decisions made by physicians, pharmacists and patients in the selection of pharmaceutical products and services. Her past research includes a number of evaluation studies for the Florida Medicaid Program and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Lipowski is a former AACP-AAAS Congressional Fellow and Past-President of the Academy of Pharmaceutical Research and Science of the American Pharmacists Association. She is a member of the Editorial Advisory Boards for the Journal of the American Pharmacists Association and Research in Social and Administrative Pharmacy.
In 2012 Dr. Lipowski received a Faculty Enhancement Opportunity Award from UF to support an international study trip for PharmD students to Thailand. She has made a number of trips to Thailand as a visiting faculty member and currently serves on the Steering Committee for the U.S. Thai Consortium for the Development of Pharmacy Education.
American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), 1997-present
American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP), 1987-present
American Institute of the History of Pharmacy (AIHP), 1985-present
American Pharmacists Association (APhA), 1985-present, Fellow (2000)
American Society of Consultant Pharmacists (ASCP), 1980-present
American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP), 1972-present
Academy Health, 1991-present
Phi Lambda Sigma, 1994-present
Rho Chi, 1970-present
- Lipowski EE. Introduction to Medicare, Medicaid and Medication Therapy Management in Medication Therapy Management: A Pharmacotherapy and Medication System Primer. Angaran D, Whalen K, Eds. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2013.
- Lester J, Neyarapally GA, Lipowski E, Graham CF, Hall M, Del Pan G. Evaluation of FDA Safety-Related Drug Label Changes in 2010. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 2013; 22:302-305 doi: 10.1002/pds.3395
- Szeinbach SL, Lipowski EE. Drug distribution, in Pharmacy and the U.S. Health Care System, Fourth Edition. Smith MI, Wertheimer AI, Fincham JE, Eds. London: Informa Healthcare, 2013.
- Lipowski EE, Long M. Government involvement in health care, in Introduction to Health Care Delivery: A Primer for Pharmacists, Fifth Edition. McCarthy R, Schafermeyer K, Plake K, Eds. Sudbury MA: Jones and Bartlett Learning, 2011: 401-422.
- Lipowski E, Wu B, Whalen K. Pharmacists’ immunizations in Florida 2008-09. Florida Pharmacy Today 2010; 78(8):12-17.
- Lipowski EE. Developing great research questions. Am J Health-Syst Pharm 2008; 65:1667-1670