LOCATION: HPNP Building, 1225 Center Drive, Gainesville, FL 32610
DATE: August 13, 2018
Agenda and Parking Details Posted Below
Congratulations on your admission to the University of Florida College of Pharmacy, Class of 2022! You are a talented group of individuals and we are pleased to welcome you to our Pharmily. You will soon become acquainted with an extraordinary faculty and an exceptionally helpful staff. We are committed to giving you our very best efforts to prepare you for your professional endeavors in the field of pharmacy.
We are excited for your arrival in August. Remember, orientation is mandatory and runs August 13 – 16. The All Campus Orientation in Gainesville is Monday, August 13 from 9 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. All students, regardless of which campus you were admitted to, will come to Gainesville on this day to meet your fellow classmates and prepare for the academic year together. We will continue orientation on Tuesday, August 14 at your respective campuses. You will experience this part of orientation together through videoconferencing. Campus specific orientation and fun team activities are scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday, August 15 and 16.
The purpose of orientation is to provide an opportunity to meet your classmates from all three campuses while also learning and preparing for day one as a professional pharmacy student. The face-to-face orientation is an extension of the online summer orientation and will pick up where it left off.
Important points to be prepared for at orientation and beyond!
- Bring your laptop or tablet device as you will be using it during orientation.
- Bring the printed StrengthsQuest report that indicates your ‘Top 5’ strengths – you will need this for an orientation activity. (This was part of your online orientation.)
- Dress code for orientation is business casual (no jeans, shorts, flip flops). You will be in air conditioned classrooms as well as outside. Jacksonville and Orlando based students will have their photographs for your GatorID taken on Monday; Gainesville student photos are on Tuesday.
- As a professional student in a rigorous curriculum, managing your time well is of key importance. We will discuss this during orientation but be prepared to limit employment to < 10 hours/week.
- Faculty engaged in the curriculum are true experts. Videoconferencing is utilized to connect the campuses so be prepared to learn from faculty at other campuses. Be prepared to be on campus 4-5 days per week.
- You do not have to register for classes; we do this for you. However, many of you have “holds” that you need to clear in order for us to complete your registration. Often these are simple things like providing emergency contact information and accepting the terms of enrollment.
Orientation is an extraordinary opportunity for all of us to engage as one cohort before settling in at each of our campus locations. We are hopeful that relationships forged during orientation will not only prove to support lasting friendships, but will be the beginning of a professional networking process.