Chris Hall wins UF Presidential Service Award

University of Florida College of Pharmacy student Chris Hall has been awarded a UF Presidential Service Award for his efforts to promote community awareness and civic engagement on campus and in the community. The award acknowledges undergraduate and graduate students who made outstanding efforts in these areas and too often go unrecognized and unrewarded.

Chris HallHall will graduate in May with a Doctor of Pharmacy degree. Over the past four years, he participated in many different service projects including COVID-19 vaccination clinics with UF and UF Health, making personal protective equipment to distribute at UF Health clinics, volunteering at Grace Pharmacy health fairs and volunteering at street clean ups throughout Gainesville. Hall estimates he’s accumulated more than 350 volunteer hours as a pharmacy student.

“Being recognized with this award is a reminder of why I entered the profession of pharmacy in the first place,” Hall said. “Service is one of the cornerstones of pharmacy, and I have been fortunate enough to participate in a wide variety of service opportunities alongside some amazing pharmacy students. Our profession is a lifelong of journey of service to our patients, our health care colleagues and to each other — and I hope to take that with me on the next steps of my journey.”

UF’s Presidential Service Award winners were recognized at a reception from 5:30 to 7 p.m., Tuesday, April 5, at the Earl and Christy Powell University House.