William M. Chmely receives national CVS Health Minority Scholarship

William M. Chmely, a second-year student at the UF College of Pharmacy’s Gainesville campus, was one of five national recipients of the CVS Health Minority Scholarship for Pharmacy Students. Chmely was selected among nearly 400 applicants and will receive an $8,000 scholarship. The CVS Health Minority Scholarship for Pharmacy Students is presented in partnership with the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy, or AACP, and promotes a diverse population of student pharmacists by reducing the financial barriers and challenges for underrepresented minority students who are pursuing a Pharm.D. degree.William Chmely

“For me, this scholarship means so much more than helping with tuition,” Chmely said. “This opportunity serves as affirmation that I have chosen a career path which allows me to serve others and impact those around me with purpose and passion. I am beyond honored to have been recognized by AACP and CVS with this scholarship.”

Originally from South Florida, Chmely graduated from UF with a B.S. in chemistry in 2018. He is considering multiple career paths in pharmacy and wants his professional work to benefit his community and help overcome health disparities.