The 127th Annual Florida Pharmacy Association Meeting and Convention offered many opportunities for the University of Florida College of Pharmacy to demonstrate its leadership in the pharmacy profession. Held July 13-16 in Orlando, the annual meeting featured the following awards and recognitions for Gator pharmacist:
- Paul Ackerman, BSP, ʼ69, was named FPA Pharmacist of the Year. Ackerman is a member of the UF College of Pharmacy’s Dean’s Leadership Council and served as a community pharmacist at Walgreens for 27 years. He is a past president of FPA from 1997-98.
- Carol Motycka, Pharm.D., ʼ98, a clinical associate professor, served as Speaker of the House of Delegates at the FPA Meeting and Convention.
- Elizabeth Shald, a rising third-year Pharm.D. student from the Jacksonville campus, placed second in the patient counseling competition.
- Suzy Wise, ʼ09, was installed as president of FPA. Wise is a member of the UF College of Pharmacy’s Dean’s Leadership Council.
- The UF College of Pharmacy won first place in the student-produced advocacy video contest. Watch UF’s award-winning video below.
The UF College of Pharmacy also hosted a Gator Reception at FPA where nearly 90 faculty, students, alumni and friends gathered to enjoy food and the opportunity to connect with fellow Gators. Dean Julie Johnson provided an update on recent news from the college and highlighted the upcoming Crisafi Challenge student scholarship fundraising campaign.