Congratulations on your pursuit of a pharmacy degree. You will find pharmacy to be a highly rewarding, well-paid profession with low unemployment and abundant career opportunities. These are a few of the reasons why Forbes recently ranked pharmacy as the no. 1 profession in health care. As you undertake your search for the perfect pharmacy school, I hope you will consider the University of Florida College of Pharmacy — a national leader in pharmacy education for nearly a century.
I recognize you have many options to consider when choosing a pharmacy education. I want to introduce you to some of the reasons why U.S. News and World Report ranks us as the no. 1 pharmacy college in Florida and one of the top 10 pharmacy schools in the nation.
- Innovative curriculum prepares students to be 21st century pharmacists with direct and personal interaction with faculty
- Faculty rank among the elite pharmacy educators and practitioners and are some of the most well respected and accomplished researchers in the pharmaceutical sciences
- Students enjoy a wealth of research opportunities with distinguished faculty across a number of disciplines. Summer stipeds are available for work on faculty research projects
- Many student organizations represent varied interests in pharmacy and provide volunteer and professional development opportunities for students to gain valuable leadership and service skills
- Approximately $250,000 in annual scholarship support helps students fund their education
- Graduates are sought for top jobs, and the vast majority secure a job or residency prior to graduation. In the past three years, nearly 100 percent of our graduates reported securing a position within four months of graduation at a median salary of $113,000
- Placement of graduates into highly competitive residency programs is highest among all pharmacy colleges in Florida and among the highest in the nation
- Extensive alumni network includes UF pharmacy graduates living in all 50 states and 41 countries
The UF College of Pharmacy offers you three unique campuses for learning. Our Gainesville location will connect you to a vibrant student body that represents the Gator Nation in one of America’s best college towns with endless opportunities for collaboration amongst UF’s Health Science Center. In Jacksonville, you will enjoy living near the beach and interacting with patients the minute you set foot on campus, as our location within the UF Health-Jacksonville campus provides many opportunities to improve your clinical pharmacy skills in a hospital-based setting. Finally, our Orlando campus features a state-of-the art facility located in a thriving medical and research community with two hospitals within walking distance.
There are no limits to what you can achieve as a student at the UF College of Pharmacy. I encourage you to review our Pharm.D. program website and discover what makes UF a global leader in pharmacy education.
Julie Johnson, Pharm.D.
Dean and Distinguished Professor