Top 5 Facts
- Pharmacists are involved in providing pharmaceutical services and care to patients in a variety of environments. Many pharmacy careers are available in community pharmacy practice; institutional pharmacy practice; home health care; managed health care; pharmacy organizations; academia; the pharmaceutical industry; government; and other organizations and practice settings. As a member of a well-respected profession, you can make significant contributions to patients and the citizens of your community.
- Our faculty attain excellence through high-quality research contributions and teaching. The college leads in areas of research such as, personalized medicine; drug discovery; natural products; patient safety; and many other areas that will play an important role in the future of medical treatment. The college’s faculty strive to achieve new successes in the areas of pharmaceutics, medicinal chemistry, pharmacodynamics, pharmaceutical outcomes and policy, and pharmacotherapy and translational research.
- The College of Pharmacy faculty help students reach a high level of professionalism through a curriculum that includes supervised clinical and practical experiences. Students learn and work in community and/or hospital pharmacy settings. Students are required to participate in an externship where they receive practical training in delivering pharmaceutical care services. In clerkships students acquire in-depth clinical experiences to sharpen their communication and drug therapy problem-solving abilities.
- UF College of Pharmacy graduates are enjoying successful careers in the pharmaceutical industry, academia, community pharmacy, hospitals, and other areas. UF pharmacy graduates have achieved high levels of leadership in national associations, and have received numerous recognitions for their commitment to the pharmacy profession.
- A degree from the University of Florida College of Pharmacy is one you can carry with pride throughout your career. The College’s Doctor of Pharmacy program is ranked among the top 10 of programs of its kind in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. UF pharmacy students, faculty and graduates are recognized yearly with national awards and honors that identify them as some of the most outstanding individuals in the profession of pharmacy in the country.