Annual Faculty Awards
Teacher of the Year
The College of Pharmacy recognizes its outstanding educators by offering the Teacher of the Year Award. The Teacher of the Year Award is designed to encourage and reward excellence, innovation, and effectiveness in teaching. The award consists of a plaque and a check for $2,000. The eligibility criteria for the award are as follows:
- The individual must be a full-time faculty member (tenured, tenure-track or other regular faculty appointment including lecturer or clinical faculty, but not OPS appointees).
- Faculty members who participate in the following types of instructional activities are eligible for consideration:
- Traditional didactic lectures
- Facilitation of group learning where facilitation involves guiding the students to achieve specific learning outcomes during the session
- Instruction in the laboratory setting
- Instruction and small group discussions in the online/virtual class room setting
- Teaching in the clinical practice setting
- Other teaching strategies as approved by the Curriculum Committee.
- Individuals who received a teaching or advising award at the college or university level during the previous two years are not eligible.
The call for nominations will be distributed via email to faculty, students, and staff each November. Nominations must be submitted by at least three individuals for a given faculty member to be eligible for consideration. At least one of the nominators must be a student. Nominations will be accepted through November 30th of each year, and the winner will be announced in January. For a full overview of the nominations and selections process, please see the Teacher of the Year Selection Guidelines.