Tenure and Promotion Committee
The Tenure and Promotion Committee is advisory to the Dean and has five main responsibilities.
- The committee conducts a review of candidates for tenure and promotion forwarded from the individual departments (please see Appendix A; College of Pharmacy Tenure and Promotion Plan).
- The committee conducts pre-tenure reviews for all new faculty members in the spring semester of the candidate’s third academic year. This review is forwarded to the Dean and Department Chair and documents areas needing consideration before the tenure and promotion process is started.
- The committee conducts the sustained performance review process. Individual tenured faculty who have held their academic rank for seven years or longer are evaluated as outlined in Appendix A; College of Pharmacy Sustained Performance Evaluation Plan.
- This committee assists the Dean, if need be, in evaluating eligible faculty members for the Salary Adjustment Program for tenured full professors (please see Appendix A; College of Pharmacy Salary Adjustment Program for Faculty after Seven Years in Rank as Full Professor – Professor Pay Plan).
- The committee annually reviews and provides any necessary updating in the College’s Policies and Procedures Manual related to Tenure & Promotion, Sustained Performance and the Professor Pay Plan.
The committee is composed of eight faculty members. Five are tenured full professors, one from each academic department, and three are tenured associate professors. The committee also includes two clinical track faculty. All committee members are elected by the faculty, but no more than 2 members may be from the same department. Elected terms are for 2 years and a person may not serve more that two consecutive terms. The committee Chair must be a full professor and is elected at the beginning of each academic year by the current Tenure and Promotion Committee members.
Representatives on the Committee are:
Mike Katovich - firstname.lastname@example.org 273-7717
Rhonda Cooper-DeHoff – email@example.com 273-6184
Jason Frazier – firstname.lastname@example.org 273-7686
Guenther Hochhaus – email@example.com 2737861
Larry Lesko – firstname.lastname@example.org 407-313-7008
Earlene Lipowski – email@example.com 273-6256
Hendrik Luesch – firstname.lastname@example.org 273-7738
Charles Peloquin - email@example.com 273-6266
Ken Sloan – firstname.lastname@example.org 273-7745
Karen Whalen – email@example.com 273-9497