The current Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences with specialization in Pharmacy graduate program is offered by the Department of Pharmaceutics. The departmental faculty has decided to use ‘track’ method for accommodating the diversity of the Department’s graduate population, its multi- and interdisciplinary.The focus of the Department of Pharmaceutics, which houses the Center for Drug Discovery, differs sufficiently from that of other departments as to justify a specialization. The uniqueness of the department is evident in present research activities which encompass basic, applied and clinical investigations in the areas of Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Drug Delivery, and Drug Discovery. Specifically, Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics, encompasses the absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion of drugs in animals and humans, and the relationship between drug concentration and effect; Pharmaceutical Biotechnology includes molecular biology, immunology, and aspects of the delivery of peptide and protein drugs; Pharmaceutical Analysis involves the application of spectroscopy, chromatography, extraction, electrophoresis, immunoassays, and radioisotope assays to drug determination; Drug Delivery includes physical, biological and chemical approaches to drug delivery, formulation and evaluation of dosage forms; and Drug Discovery is associated with receptor-oriented/retrometabolic drug design, computer assisted drug design, chemical/physical approaches to controlled drug delivery, pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic correlation approach to improved therapeutic index.
Current Student Information
- Pharmaceutics Policy Manual
- Courses Offered and Recommended by the Department of Pharmaceutics
- Grades and Grading Policies
- UF Syllabi Policy
Prospective Student Information
Applications are now being accepted for Spring 2018. Deadline for submission of completed applications is September 8,2017.
Admission to the Graduate Program is a MULTI-STEP Process
- You must fulfill all requirements of UF: Graduate Admission Information
- You must meet the requirements of the department. PC Application Checklist
Please note, the most successful candidates have a GRE score of 310.
NOTE: you must take the TOEFLiBT and score 28 or above on the speak portion if you plan to request a Teaching Assistantship.
ALL CORRESPONDENCE regarding application status must include your UFID. Correspondence without UFID can not be answered. All inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Information can not be given over the phone.
- In order to check on the status of your application with the UNIVERSITY please go to http://www.admissions.ufl.edu/
Graduate School Requirements:
- UF Admissions requires all scores (GRE and TOEFL) to be sent by the testing center directly to Office of Admissions (UF code is 5812 Department Code is not necessary).
- Original transcripts must be sent directly from the educational institution to the UF Office of Admission.
Graduate Coordinator: Dr. Sihong Song