The American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists-University of Florida Student Chapter was founded in 2002, and the first meeting was held during the 2004-2005 academic year. Since then the organization has increased the awareness of AAPS throughout the College of Pharmacy at the University of Florida. The focus of the organization is to promote a learning environment, which is geared towards graduate students across all departments. Among the various events sponsored by our student chapter, guest lecturers from UF as well as scientists from regulatory, industry, and academic settings will be invited to speak to our chapter in an effort to foster professional development. These events, along with social gatherings, serve as outreach activities to facilitate interaction among graduate students across various disciplines within our college
- Chair: Aline Bergesch Barth, M.S.
- Vice-Chair: Marina Kawaguchi, Pharm.D
- Secretary: Bhargava Kandala, M.S.
- Treasurer: Alexander Voelkner, B.S.
- Social Committee: Sharvari Bhagwat, B.Tech, Manoj Jadhav, PhD.
- Web Design: Amelia Tucker, Pharm.D. Candidate
- Faculty Advisor: Hartmut Derendorf, Ph.D.