Applying for our in-residence Ph.D. program consists of two separate actions: applying for admission to the University of Florida, and applying for acceptance into Pharmacy – Medicinal Chemistry (PH-MC) as your major. Please note that we do not offer an in-residence Master’s Degree program, and we only accept applicants for admission in the Fall term, not Spring or Summer. The application deadline is December 9.
- UF admissions information may be found at http://www.admissions.ufl.edu/prospectivegraduate.html and http://graduateschool.ufl.edu/admission/how-to-apply/
- International applicants should also review the information found at http://www.admissions.ufl.edu/prospectiveinternational.html
The Department of Medicinal Chemistry will construct most of your department application file by using your online application to the University. Please note that we require the following documents from each applicant:
- Your curriculum vitae or resume’, if not uploaded to your online application.
- Your GRE scores, sent directly from ETS to the University of Florida Office of Admissions (School Code 5812). Also please provide an unofficial photocopy for the department (may be sent as a .pdf file attached to e-mail, or uploaded to your online application).
- One copy of your official transcripts, sent directly by your previous institution to: University of Florida Office of Graduate Admissions – 201 Criser Hall – PO Box 114000 – Gainesville, FL 32611. Also please provide an unofficial photocopy for the department (may be sent as a .pdf file attached to e-mail, or uploaded to your online application).
- Three letters of recommendation, if not submitted online. Hardcopy letters sent by mail should be written on or accompanied by the University of Florida Graduate School Recommendation Letter form, Recommendation Form
Please review and comply with the University requirements for admission and English proficiency: http://www.admissions.ufl.edu/intl/admissioninfo.html#engproficiency
Deadline for Submission:
Our review of applications begins on February 1 for Fall admission. If unable to submit your application before this date, please contact us for guidance. Here is the department contact information:
University of Florida
Medicinal Chemistry Department
ATTN: Graduate Coordinator – Dr. Li
PO Box 100485, Gainesville FL 32610-0485
Office address for courier delivery is:
1345 Center Drive, Bldg 0445, Room P6-20, Gainesville, FL 32610
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions. Thank you for your interest in graduate education in Medicinal Chemistry.