- Pharm.D., University of Florida
- MPH, University of Florida
- Biomedical Informatics certificate, University of Florida
- 2017 Delta Omega (Public Health Honor Society) inductee, University of Florida College of Public Health & Health Professions
- 2014-2016 National Academy of Medicine (formerly, Institute of Medicine) Anniversary Fellow in Pharmacy
- 2015 American College of Clinical Pharmacy New Investigator Award
Steven M. Smith, PharmD, MPH, BCPS, ASH-CHC is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pharmacotherapy and Translational Research.
He received his PharmD degree from the University of Florida College of Pharmacy. He then completed a PGY-1 residency at the North Florida/South Georgia Veterans Health System in Gainesville, FL. After his residency, Dr. Smith completed a postdoctoral fellowship in Family Medicine Clinical Research working with Dr. John Gums in the Departments of Pharmacotherapy and Translational Research and Community Health and Family Medicine. During his fellowship, Dr. Smith participated in the Advanced Postgraduate Program in Clinical Investigation (APPCI) and concurrently completed the requirements for a Master’s of Public Health through the College of Public Health and Health Professions. Dr. Smith then joined the faculty at the University of Colorado in 2011. He returned to the University of Florida in 2014.
Dr. Smith’s research and clinical practice are in the area of cardiovascular pharmacotherapy and hypertension. He is a member of the American Society of Hypertension, American Heart Association, American College of Clinical Pharmacy, and the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy. He also serves on the Examination Committee for the American Society of Hypertension Certified Hypertension Clinician program.
Dr. Smith also co-directs the UF Family Medicine Pharmacy Fellowship.
Full Publication List via PubMed rss feed