- B.S. Animal Science, Jilin Agricultural University, Changchun, P.R. China
- M.S. Animal Science, Jilin Agricultural University, Changchun, P.R. China
- Ph.D. Animal Molecular & Cell Biology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- Post Doctoral Associate in Gene Therapy, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
Song’s interests are in 1) improvement of safety and efficiency of rAAV vector by understanding molecular mechanisms of persistence and integration of the AAV genome in mammalian cells and 2) the use of recombinant Adeno-Associated Virus (rAAV) vectors mediated gene transfer to develop gene therapy approaches for common diseases such as diabetes and arthritis
American Society of Gene & Cell Therapy (ASGCT)
American Diabetes Association (ADA)
American Association of College of Pharmacy (AACP)
Gamma Sigma Delta, Honor Society of Agriculture
American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- Molecular and Cell Biology
- Gene expression and gene regulation
- Liver and muscle gene delivery
- Gene therapy for type 1 diabetes and alpha 1 antitrypsin deficiency
- Adeno-associated virus (AAV) vector biology: DNA persistence, integration and interaction with cellular factors; host immune responses to transgene products
- The protective effects of plasma gelsolin on stroke outcome in rats.
- Alpha-1 antitrypsin protein and gene therapies decrease autoimmunity and delay arthritis development in mouse model.
- The effect of DNA-dependent protein kinase on adeno-associated virus replication.
- Adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cell-based liver gene delivery.
- Ex vivo transduction and transplantation of bone marrow cells for liver gene delivery of alpha1-antitrypsin.