- M.S. in Clinical Pharmacy, University of Florida
- B.S. in Pharmacy, University of Florida
Doering is an Emeritus Distinguished Service Professor in the Department of Pharmacotherapy and Translational Research at the University of Florida, College of Pharmacy. He is also Co-director of the statewide Drug Information and Pharmacy Resource Center.
Doering received his Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy from the University of Florida in 1972 and continued his training at the same institution, earning the Master of Science in Clinical Pharmacy in 1975.
Upon graduation, Doering accepted a position in the University’s Department of Medicine as a research assistant where he designed, implemented and evaluated a program of adverse drug reaction monitoring in the obstetric patient.
Current teaching responsibilities include: coordinating a Non-prescription Products course for undergraduate pharmacy students, a senior-level course in Pharmacotherapy, and an elective course in Drug Abuse. He also guest lectures in a variety of team taught courses in the College of Pharmacy and other Health Center colleges.
Doering has strong ties with the practice of pharmacy, having been a practicing pharmacist both in the hospital and community setting. A member of many local, state, and national pharmaceutical societies, he is a past-president of his local pharmacy association.
Doering has been recognized four times as Teacher of the Year. In March, 1990, he was awarded Fellowship status in the APhA’s Academy of Pharmacy Practice and Management. In 1993, he received one of two Teaching Incentive Awards given to UF College of Pharmacy faculty. In 1995, Doering was promoted to Distinguished Service Professor, the university’s highest honor awarded to a faculty member, he was the first professor in the College of Pharmacy to be recognized in this way.
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
- American Pharmacists Association
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Florida Pharmacy Association
- Florida Society of Hospital Pharmacists
- Alachua County Association of Pharmacists
- American College of Clinical Pharmacists
- North Central Florida Society of Hospital Pharmacists
- National Association of Drug Diversion Investigators
- Drug information
- Adverse drug reactions
- Drug interactions
- Toxicology of drug products
- Over-the-counter medicines
- Herbal medicines
- Drug effects on the fetus and neonate
- Innovative teaching methods