- Pharm.D., University of Florida
- PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency, Tampa General Hospital
- PGY-2 Infectious Diseases Pharmacy Residency, South Texas Veterans Affairs Healthcare System
- Master of Public Health degree, University of South Florida
- BS chemistry; BA Spanish, Tulane University
After completing her Pharm.D. from the University of Florida College of Pharmacy, Dr. Childs-Kean completed a PGY-1 residency at Tampa General Hospital in Tampa, FL, followed by a PGY-2 residency in Infectious Diseases Pharmacy at the South Texas Veterans Affairs Healthcare System in San Antonio, TX. Prior to joining UF full-time, she was the Hepatology Pharmacy Program Manager at Bay Pines VA Healthcare System in Bay Pines, FL. In that role, she established a pharmacist-led Hepatitis C clinic for patients throughout the Bay Pines System, including patients seen using Clinical Video Telehealth technology. Her professional interests include infectious diseases pharmacotherapy as well as professional development of students and new practitioners. Dr. Childs-Kean is active in many professional organizations at the state and national level, including the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists and the Florida Society of Health-System Pharmacists.
Awards and Honors
- Forerunner Award, Florida Society of Health-System Pharmacists- 2015
- Faculty Advisor of the Year, University of Florida College of Pharmacy- 2015
- Kevin Flannery Pharmacy Residency Scholarship, Tampa General Hospital- 2011
- Townes R. Leigh Medal for Outstanding Leadership, University of Florida- 2010
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacy
- Florida Society of Health-System Pharmacy
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
- Society of Infectious Disease Pharmacists
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy
- Phi Lambda Sigma
- Rho Chi
- Kappa Epsilon
Childs-Kean LM, Hong J. Detectable Viremia at the End of Treatment With Direct-Acting Antivirals Can Be Associated with Clinical Cure in Patients with Chronic Hepatitis C: A Case Series. Gastroenterology. 2017;153:1165-1166.
Childs-Kean LM, Jourjy J. Ledipasvir/sofosbuvir in the treatment of chronic hepatitis C. Clinical Medicine Insights: Therapeutics. 2017;9:1-6.
Childs-Kean LM, Blackwood Z, Kennedy M. New topical treatments for onychomycosis. Florida Pharmacy Today. 2016;12:10-14.
Unger NR, Worley MV, Kisgen JJ, Sherman EM, Childs-Kean LM. Elvitegravir for the treatment of HIV. Expert Opinion on Pharmacotherapy. 2016;17:2359-2370.
Childs-Kean LM, Patel PN, Feild CJ, Heister MJ, Huhn RV. Models for student organizations in multicampus schools of pharmacy. American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy 2016;73:1221-1223.
Childs-Kean LM, Ivy DR, Gonzales C, McIntyre W. Development of a Tool to Evaluate Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience Preceptors in the Clinical Setting at a United States College of Pharmacy: A Pilot Study. Pharmacy Education 2016; 16:98-102.