- Community Pharmacy Practice Residency, Virginia Commonwealth University/Medical college of Virginia School of Pharmacy
- Pharm.D., University of Florida College of Pharmacy
- Associate of Arts, Pre-Pharmacy Coursework, University of North Florida
Dr. Weitzel received her Pharm.D. from the University of Florida College of Pharmacy. After graduation, she completed a Community Pharmacy Residency at the Virginia Commonwealth University, Medical College of Virginia School of Pharmacy. Following her postgraduate training, Dr. Weitzel accepted an appointment as Clinical Assistant Professor at Mercer University School of Pharmacy in Georgia while also working as a Clinical Pharmacist at the Eckerd Patient Care Centers. In July of 2000, Dr. Weitzel began her affiliation at the University of Florida serving as a Clinical Assistant Professor in Gainesville and later as Adjunct Clinical Associate Professor while maintaining a practice as Outpatient Pharmacy Manager for the St. Vincent’s Health System in Orange Park, Florida. Dr. Weitzel has also served as Assistant Editor and later as Director of Editorial Projects at the Therapeutic Research Center. She became Director of Experiential Education in 2011 and began her current appointment as Associate Director of the Personalized Program in July 2013.
Dr. Weitzel’s research interests include technology implementation in community pharmacy practice and preceptor training programs and personalized medicine.
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy
- American Pharmacists Association
- American Society of Health-Systems Pharmacists
- Florida Pharmacy Association