- Pharm.D., Ohio Northern University
- Certified Diabetes Educator
- Physical Assessment Institute In Patient Care Management, Nova Southeastern University
- Post-Doctoral Resident in Pharmacy Practice/Family Medicine, University of Florida Resident in Pharmacy Practice, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Huntington, West Virginia
Dr. Taylor is a Clinical Associate Professor in the Department of Pharmacotherapy and Translational Research at The University of Florida. He received his doctor of pharmacy degree from Ohio Northern University. Upon graduation, he completed an ASHP accredited Pharmacotherapy and Translational Research Residency at The Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Huntington, West Virginia. Subsequently, he completed a Family Medicine Residency at The University of Florida. Dr. Taylor joined the faculty at The University of Florida in July 1998. Dr. Taylor maintains several active clinical pharmacy practice sites in ambulatory care, including diabetes and anticoagulation. He also offers an Ambulatory Care residency based out of his clinical practice site. He is a certified diabetes educator. He has given numerous professional presentations on diabetes.
- North Central Florida Society of Health Systems Pharmacists.
- American Diabetes Association
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy
- American Society of Health Systems Pharmacists
- Kappa Psi Pharmaceutical Fraternity
- Spring 2006, Comparison of point of care HbA1c monitor versus standard laboratory, Community Health Center at Eastside
- Spring 2006, Health Literacy Awareness, Community Health Center at Eastside
- Spring 2004, Clinical Pharmacy PAD Awareness Outreach Program, Community Health Center at Eastside. (grant received in amount of $4500)
- Spring 2004, Comparison of point of care HbA1c monitor versus standard laboratory, Community Health Center at Eastside
Taylor JR, Campbell KM, Home Monitoring of Glucose and Blood Pressure, Am Fam Physician, 2007, Jul 15;76(2):255-260.
Taylor JR, Campbell KM, Diabetes drug update: how 4 new options stack up, J Fam Pract, 2007;Mar 56(3):207-215.
Taylor JR, Vazquez CM, Campbell KM, Pharmacologic Management of Chronic Insomnia, South Med J 2006;Dec 99(12):1373-1377.
Taylor JR, Probable interaction between tolterodine and warfarin, Pharmacotherapy, 2006;May 26(5):719-721.