- B. Pharm. (Hons) The School of Pharmacy, University of London 1980.
- Ph.D. “Cortinarius Mushroom Toxins” Forensic Science Unit, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland, 1984
- Professor of Toxicology
- Director of UF Forensic Science Online MS Program
Tebbett, the founder and director of UF’s Forensic Science program is a pioneer in novel approaches to education and training of forensic scientists. Over the last ten years, he has developed the world’s largest forensic science graduate program.
June 2004 Adjunct Professor
Forensic Toxicology and Drug Chemistry
School of Health Sciences, University of Canberra, Australia
June 2003 Honorary Senior Lecturer Department of Pathology,
School of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Edinburgh University, Scotland
EA Ross, NJ Szabo and IR Tebbett. Lead Contamination of Calcium Supplements: An Avoidable Health Risk. JAMA 284(11) 1425-1429 2000.
KJ Allen, SY Wassef, IR Tebbett, RF Covert, PF Whitington. Fetal gender and cocaine exposure as determinants of cord blood gamma-glutamyl transferase activity. J Perinatol 22(2)133-6, 2002.
FD Eyler, M Behnke, K Wobie, CW Garvan and I Tebbett. Relative ability of biologic specimens and interviews to detect prenatal cocaine use. Neurotoxicology and Teratology, 27(4) 677-687, 2005.
IR Tebbett Distance education in the Forensic Sciences. In Faculty guide for moving teaching and learning to the web. 2nd edition. Edited by J. Boettcher and RM Conrad. Phoenix: League for Innovation in the Community College. 172-175, 2004.
KA Savage, PT Colahan, IR Tebbett, B Rice, L Freshwater and C Jackson. Lack of effect of caffeine on exercise performance of fit thoroughbred horses. American Journal Veterinary Research. 66(4): 1-5, 2005.
PubMed Research Publication Feed
- The effect of adrenergic suppression induced by guanabenz administration on exercising thoroughbred horses.
- Effects of caffeine on exercise performance of physically fit Thoroughbreds.
- Insect repellent [correction of repellant] interactions: sunscreens enhance DEET (N,N-diethyl-m-toluamide) absorption.
- Comparison of serum dexamethasone concentrations in cats after oral or transdermal administration using pluronic lecithin organogel (PLO): a pilot study.
- Detection of cocaine and its metabolites in breast milk.