- Pharmacy, Friedrich Wilhelm University, Bonn
- Ph.D. Pharmacoepidemiology and Social Pharmacy, Humboldt University, Charité, Berlin
- Patient Safety and Program Evaluation
- Chair of Pharmaceutical Outcomes & Policy
Almut Winterstein received her pharmacy degree from Friedrich Wilhelm University in Bonn, Germany and her Ph.D. in Pharmacoepidemiology from the Charité Humboldt University in Berlin, Germany. She joined faculty at the University of Florida in 2000 and holds the position of Professor in the Department of Pharmaceutical Outcomes and Policy at the College of Pharmacy, and in the Department of Epidemiology at the Colleges of Public Health and Health Professions and Medicine.
Almut’s research interests focus on drug safety and effectiveness, and the evaluation and prevention of inappropriate medication use. Clinical areas of pharmacoepidemiologic studies include in particular pediatrics, psychiatry, and infectious disease. Her interest in quality of care issues focuses on the development and evaluation of medication safety programs, clinical decision support systems and quality metrics. Almut has received funding from AHRQ, CMS, FDA, NIH and various professional associations and state agencies including the Florida Department of Health. She chairs the FDA/CDER Drug Safety and Risk Management Advisory Board (DSaRM), serves on the Federal Interagency Work Group on Adverse Drug Events, and as consultant on medication safety issues for the Florida.
Current Affiliations and Appointments
- FDA/CDER Drug Safety and Risk Management Advisory Board
- Affiliate Associate Professor, Department of Epidemiology, Colleges of Medicine and Public Health and Health Professions, University of Florida
- Research Advisory Board, American Society of Health Systems Pharmacists Research Foundation
- Federal Interagency Workgroup for Adverse Drug Events
Google Scholar Profile
Research Gate Profile
UF Mentoring Award Personal Statement on Mentoring