Welcome to the College of Pharmacy Career Services page!
In conjunction with the University of Florida’s Career Resource Center, we serve to educate, motivate and support students and alumni throughout their career development.
The Career Opportunity Page is intended to assist pharmacy students in locating and applying for internships, residencies, and first career positions. These positions will be posted by staff in the Office for Student Affairs.
Pharmacy students should read the position information carefully before responding to the employer. An appropriate resume and cover letter should be provided in most situations.
Pharmacy students should be mindful that a timely response is more likely to be viewed as potentially competitive. Please pay attention to specific time frames for application as specified in the job posting.
Pharmacy students are encouraged to attend the Career Day scheduled for your respective campus. If students would like to attend a Career Day at another campus, please notify the Coordinator of Student Affairs at that campus about your planned participation. Information about Career Days is located here.
Pharmacy students are encouraged to utilize the career resources available through the American Pharmacist Association Career Center. In addition to having useful information on possible career opportunities, the APA career center contains valuable information on residencies and networking opportunities.
The Career Resource Center liaison who can assist specifically with College of Pharmacy students looking for work is Melissa Lyon, Assistant Director for Career Exploration and Education, and Eirini Chaddon, Assistant Director for Recruitment Services.
Pharmacy students may find the insights, knowledge, and guidance provided by faculty advisors or any faculty member helpful in making decisions about internships, residencies, and career choices. Please feel comfortable in approaching faculty members for career advisement.
Career Days will include all four campuses and will be held on the following days:
October 27, 2016 – Orlando (UF Research and Academic Center at Lake Nona)
October 28, 2016 – St. Petersburg (Conference Center)
November 2-3, 2016 – Gainesville (Hilton University of Florida Conference Center)
November 4, 2016 – Jacksonville (LRC Atrium)
Preparing for Career Days
- Action Words
- Example of Pharmacy CV
- Example of Pharmacy CV2
- Interviewing Strategies
- One Minute Interviews
- Preparing a Curriculum Vitae
- Elevator Speeches
- Preparing for Success at Career Day
- Interview Question Bank
- Note to UF PharmD graduates: The best way to handle the requirement of a form plus transcript is to go online to ONE.UF, place and pay for your transcript order, and then immediately fax the form to be attached to the transcript prior to the Registrar’s Office mailing it.The fax number is 352-846-1126. Be sure to include a cover sheet indicating that this is the ‘PhORCAS/College of Pharmacy form.’Then, you’ll need to call the Registrar’s Office at 352-392-1374 and inform them that you’ve just faxed a form that needs to be attached to the transcript you’ve just ordered. This must all happen in the same work day so that your transcript isn’t automatically sent out before the form can be attached.The Registrar’s Office routinely does this for former students who are applying for residencies.
- ASHP Residency Directory
- VA Medical Centers
- NCPA Executive Residency
- AACP Residencies
- NPCA Residency Brochure and Fact Sheet
- Residencies with UF
- NC State Residency Program in Veterinary Clinical Pharmacy
- Indian Health Service Residency
- Southern Nevada Healthcare System
- FMDC Residency
- MedVal/PharmaWrite Medical Communications Fellowship
- Columbus Regional Health Residency
- New Tampa Independent Community Pharmacy -NEW!
- Hopkins Medicine Internship (1PDs & 2PDs)
- OnePoint Patient Care On-Call Pharmacist (NEW!)