Careers in Pharmacy
The Career Opportunity Page is intended to assist pharmacy students in locating and applying for internships, residencies, and first career positions. These positions will be posted by staff in the Office for Student Affairs.
Pharmacy students should read the position information carefully before responding to the employer. An appropriate resume and cover letter should be provided in most situations.
Pharmacy students should be mindful that a timely response is more likely to be viewed as potentially competitive. Please pay attention to specific time frames for application as specified in the job posting.
Pharmacy students are encouraged to attend the Career Day scheduled for your respective campus. If students would like to attend a Career Day at another campus, please notify the Coordinator of Student Affairs at that campus about your planned participation. Information about Career Days is located here.
Pharmacy students are encouraged to utilize the career resources available through the American Pharmacist Association Career Center. In addition to having useful information on possible career opportunities, the APA career center contains valuable information on residencies and networking opportunities.
The UF Career Resource Center (CRC) is another valuable resource for College of Pharmacy Students. The CRC provides students with information about preparing a resume, tips for a successful interview, opportunities for mock interview sessions, and many other services. Dr. Lauren Daley gave a presentation specifically addressing all of the services that the CRC has to offer.
Dr. Michael McKenzie has also given lectures on preparing resumes and general information about interviewing for your first Pharmacy job. You can find the slides for those lectures here and here. In addition, Dr. McKenzie recently spoke about the choices that pharmacy students must make regarding their future careers. This Career Pathway Presentation is a valuable resource for pharmacy students at any level of their education.
Pharmacy students may find the insights, knowledge, and guidance provided by faculty advisors or any faculty member helpful in making decisions about internships, residencies, and career choices. Please feel comfortable in approaching faculty members for career advisement.
Student Success Stories
Career / Networking Opportunities
- Residency Showcase Video – November 16th, 2012
- Note to UF PharmD graduates: The best way to handle the requirement of a form plus transcript is to go online to ISIS, place and pay for your transcript order, and then immediately fax the form to be attached to the transcript prior to the Registrar’s Office mailing it.The fax number is 352-846-1126. Be sure to include a cover sheet indicating that this is the ‘PhORCAS/College of Pharmacy form.’Then, you’ll need to call the Registrar’s Office at 352-392-1374 and inform them that you’ve just faxed a form that needs to be attached to the transcript you’ve just ordered. This must all happen in the same work day so that your transcript isn’t automatically sent out before the form can be attached.The Registrar’s Office routinely does this for former students who are applying for residencies.
- ASHP Residency Directory
- VA Medical Centers
- NCPA Executive Residency
- AACP Residencies
- NPCA Residency Brochure and Fact Sheet
- Residencies with UF
- NC State Residency Program in Veterinary Clinical Pharmacy
- Indian Health Service Residency
- Southern Nevada Healthcare System
- FMDC Residency
- PRN – Staff Pharmacist – North Florida
- 2013 FMCP/Pfizer Managed Care Summer Internship Program
- New Tampa Independent Community Pharmacy -NEW!