Drug Screen Procedures
The Foundation for The Gator Nation An Equal Opportunity Institution
DRUG SCREEN PROCEDURES
Some sites require a drug screen before you can complete a rotation in their institution. It is your responsibility to contact (call or email) the rotation site 30 days prior to your start date to verify if a drug screen or any additional documentation is required. Note that some sites request a drug screen done no earlier than 30 days prior to your starting date. Noncompliance or “tardy” compliance is a positive test!
If a drug screen is required:
- Log in to Certiphi Screening using Internet Explorer (https://www.applicationstation.com/home/home_new.asp).
- Refer to your email from Certiphi for your passcode.
- Payment is handled on line.
- For a listing of collection sites, visithttp://www.cop.ufl.edu/education/student-affairs/academics/drug-collection-sites/
- You do not need a Labcorp Lab appointment, but be sure to check hours of operation as these vary by location and most are not open on weekends or evenings.
- Take to Labcorp:
- 6-Digit Code (provided to you after payment submitted online).
- Photo ID (i.e. driver’s license). UF ID will most likely not be accepted as sufficient ID.
- E-mail the appropriate person (see below) the name and contact information for the person(s) who needs the results of your drug screen. The College of Pharmacy will receive your confidential results and will forward on to the appropriate contact at the rotation site.
JAX Region Contact: Jenny Palgon (904) 244-9590 email@example.com
ORL Region Contact: Derek Harris 407-313-7007 firstname.lastname@example.org
STP Region Contact: Derek Harris (727) 394-6219 email@example.com
ALL Other Regions Contact: Robert “Jud” Gartner (352) 273-6215 firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are outside of the collection sites listed in the attachment, please contact Certiphi Screening at (800)803-7859 for drug collection clinic locations.
If you have questions, please contact University of Florida College of Pharmacy.
If you have technical issues visiting the Application Station site, please contact Application Station Support at: 888-291-1369 x2006.
IF you are taking prescription medication and are required to submit to drug testing, here are the procedures:
If and when you are asked to do so, please follow the instructions below:
1. Click the link below or paste it into your browser: http://www.applicationstation.com
2. Enter the Code: UFLCOPSCREEN in the Application Station Code field.
3. Click the “SIGN UP NOW” button to create an account.
4. Follow the instructions on the Application Station web site.
5. A letter from the prescribing physician must be faxed to 888-247-8373. Be sure it includes your full name and UFID.
The report will show as a PASS when documentation is provided/confirmed.